First of all I must say 'Nvidia is another disgraceful and thankless company which uses opensource to thrive but treats opensource OS like fedora like a step child'.
- download the .run driver from nvidia and save it somewhere you can easily find via command line
- boot the gnu/linux in run level 3
during the boot when you see the linux kernel version or the linux OS press E to edit the grub
then add 3 at the end of the vmlinuz line with a space.
at the end of the screen it will have a key combination mentioned to start the system with the new modified kernel settings. just choose that.
- now you have booted into the runlevel 3 where the x server isnt alive.
- now navigate to the downloaded driver
- sh "nvidia-driver....xx...run
- Accept, agree, Yes. choose these options wherever you see them and once done, just reboot.